Thursday, August 24, 2006

Space Ghost Interviews Carl (of ATHF)


Sometime in 2004 I drew an illustration for Giant Magazine for a section which had Space Ghost interviewing Carl. I never saw the final product so I don't even know if it actually printed. But that's not important. What is important are the next few sketches.









Here are 2 sketchbook pages that I drew to get the composition and gag and then submitted for approval. I really like each one, and they seem to get better with each one I drew (after all, these are two of my favorite cartoon characters!).








Personally, I like the third one the best, where Carl is farting and Space Ghost is offended. But, alas, the decision makers at [adult swim], (I think it might have been Dave), chose the one that I thought was the most boring, and then added some legitimacy by throwing in something that Carl had done in the show, sloppily eating buffalo wings. Oh well, at least you can see the others now thanks to the world wide web (Al Gore did what...? Nuh-uh..!).

No comments: