Monday, August 07, 2006

Venture Brothers Season 2, pt. 2

Twenty Years to Midnight just aired, which means I get to show some of the production work! Mr. Publick had already designed the Kirby-esque Inquisitor, and it was my job to finalize the design. Here are a few versions.





This one has one of those post-it note sketches from Jackson. It took several versions of messing around with the helmet to get it right, which you can see in this final design (and even it couldn't escape one last post-it!).



Throughout the show, I kept on trying to add a little bit of visual humor into the show, succeeding occasionally. For the Inquisitor, I kept thinking it would be funny for this 12 foot space alien to be cooped up in a tiny ship.







Here are a couple of cool Inquisitor ship designs.





I think those show some of my Space Ghost influence. As you can see, there was a lot of work that went into stuff that never made it into the show. I have a handful of designs to show from a scene that was cut from this episode.

By this time, I was getting a little more warmed up on the show. Here are some designs I always liked of Jonas Jr.'s girlfriend.





1 comment:

Alisa said...

Hey Matt, great blog! The Inquisitor was the most awesome part of that episode, great design!